As the sports and recreation industry evolves, it’s crucial for qualifications to keep pace with these changes.
The SIS Training Package has recently undergone significant updates to align with industry demands, ensuring that graduates possess the most relevant and valuable skills. Keeping pace with these changes is crucial for qualifications in the ever-evolving sports and recreation industry.
1 August 2023 SIS Training Update: Extended Transition Period for SIS20115 – Certificate II in Sport and Recreation
The Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) has granted an extended transition period for the SIS20115 Certificate II in Sport and Recreation qualification to safeguard and assist learners, responding to the need for flexibility and acknowledging learners’ potential challenges without an extension.
The comprehensive training, evaluation, and certification period for the SIS20115 qualification will conclude on 31 December 2024, providing ample opportunity for learners to successfully finish their studies or smoothly transition to the new qualification.
As of 11 December 2023, new enrolments for this qualification will be accepted after the transition end date. Nonetheless, all students must finalise their studies or transition to the replacement qualification before the transition period expires to guarantee uninterrupted support.
ASQA sought valuable insights from the Victorian Registration and Qualifications Authority (VRQA) and the Training Accreditation Council Western Australia (TAC WA) before approving the extended transition period. The comprehensive decision-making process considers all stakeholders’ perspectives.
Ensuring Qualification Relevance with the Latest SIS Training Package Update
To maintain compliance during the extended transition period, the SIS20115 Certificate II in Sport and Recreation qualification will continue to be included in the scope of registration for Registered Training Organizations (RTOs). This ensures that learners have continued access to essential resources and support throughout their pursuit of this qualification.
However, RTOS must prioritise a seamless and effective transition to the replacement qualification beyond the extended period to adapt to learners’ changing requirements and needs.
What Does the Latest SIS Training Package Update Mean for Your RTO
Maximise the benefits of the latest SIS Training Package update transitions with these essential steps your RTO can take:
- Stay Informed: Stay vigilant about training package changes and deadlines to remain up to date.
- Review and Enhance: Thoroughly update courses and assessments to align with the new standards.
- Empower Trainers: Invest in the professional development of your staff to ensure they are equipped with the necessary skills.
- Engage in Training Events: Participate in conferences and workshops to enhance knowledge and skills.
- Prioritise Quality Resources: Choose high-quality, compliant materials that align with the updated requirements.
- Contextualise Appropriately: Assess trainers’ ability to effectively contextualise or adapt pre-updated resources.
- Meet Timelines: Act promptly to accommodate changes and ensure a smooth transition.
Stay up-to-date with the latest training package updates and industry news.
Explore our blogs!